Continuing the work of the 2011 Cognitive Load and In-vehicle Human-Machine Interaction workshop at AutomotiveUI 2011, Peter Fröhlich and I are co-organizing a special interest session on this topic at this year’s ITS World Congress.
The session will be held on Friday, October 26, 2012. Peter and I were able to secure the participation of an impressive list of panelists. They are (in alphabetical order):
- Corinne Brusque, Director, IFSTTAR LESCOT, France
- Johan Engström, senior project manager, Volvo Technology, Sweden
- James Foley, Senior Principal Engineer, CSRC, Toyota, USA
- Chris Monk, Project Officer, US DOT
- Kazumoto Morita, Senior Researcher, National Safety and Environment Laboratory, Japan
- Scott Pennock, Chairman of the ITU-T Focus Group on Driver Distraction and Senior Hands-Free Standards Specialist at QNX, Canada
The session will be moderated by Peter Fröhlich. We hope that the session will provide a compressed update on the state-of-the-art in cognitive load research, and that it will serve as inspiration for future work in this field.